Monday, June 22, 2009

the monday blues..

i am officially d most lazy bum, couch potato ever evolved on earth! mondays r d worst day of d week. we ws so complacent n eager with d marvellous weekend; n suddenly d freaking monday comes n u jz wish it ws friday!! i hate monday! unless its my bday. bt my bday's gonna b on wednesday dis yr. so; i so freaking hate monday!

im 'ronaldo' today.. (when i say 'ronaldo' im refering to d stupid cristiano ronaldo who whines n threw tantrums whn he ws asked 2b substituted during d match.) i am a whiner today. so lazy dat i blog hop since morning, updated dis blog a cple of times (which is so not me) n tried to stay away from doing my work (without success). my ofcmate got worried dat i stayed @my table, eyes glued to my pc since morning. he tot im so hardworking, i shld walk a bit so i dont get backaches n he thinks im paid so little, i shld not b working so hard cz it aint worth it! ha - ha! neway, i blog hopped n found 1 describing on d writer's moving house experience. i tot i shld write abt mine s well..

i moved out frm my parents hse to a small aptmt (a.k.a d 'roof') not so far frm my ofc last may. soulmate n i went hse hunting starting frm d beginning of d year. tiring! since early april, whn we got d key 2d 'roof', we didnt hv time 2clean it cz we were bz w d wedding preparation. right aftr d wedding, while we were away on hnymn, i got a good samaritan (abg sapin) 2help with cleaning d 'roof'. so, whn we got back, we started shopping, buy ourselves d sultan mattress dat we've been eyeing 4 n our dinner table frm ikea (yes, we went ikea frenzy dat day.. but it ws worth buying!not s expensive s most ppl tot!), made n arrangement w a fren (jo) cz i need 2rent hs lorry. but he didnt hv d lorry available @day time, so we hd 2do it around 8pm. soulmate n i started packing, re-attached d bed, wardrobe n all our stuffs @my parents' hse. we didnt realize dat my mom planned 2tag along n help us 2move hse n she asked every1(my family) 2join s well.

@around 9pm, evrythng ws finally been loaded in d lorry, jo went on aftr reconfirmed d direction 2d 'roof'. we went abt half n hour later n ws stuck on d road cz of d traffic caused by d wesak parade thingy. (jz wht i need!). then d drama begins.. d 'roof' is on d fourth floor. thr ws only 1 elevator functioning! can u imagine carrying wardrobe, dressing table, refrigerator + washing machine (wedding pressie frm mom n dad. THANK YOU!!!!), n everythng on earth??? (ok, not dat i carried it. soulmate got his fair share of carrying n lifting d stuffs). then mom's entourage (d whole lovely family) arrived n they helped with d lifting n carrying. yana, my niece kept on saying to me; "ibu, napa kosong ni??" referring 2d state of nothingness in our 'roof'. im dumbfounded. (Actually, she kept on asking dumbfounding question to me. a day after my wedding, she asked me, "ibu, ibu kn dh kawen, mana baby ibu?". i repeat, a day after my wedding u guys.. ya ALLAH!! pls drop me a comment, lemme knw wht u think shld b d answer 2such question! cz i couldnt find my tongue aftr hearing her question!) we finished carrying our stuffs around 11.30pm. after everyone got home, (hugs n kisses here n thr) i felt a pang of grief cz thr n then my life is not going 2b d same ever again. we continued with installing our bed n wardrobe, bt soulmate wasnt a handyman whn he is sleepy (it ws reaching 1am), so we decided 2sleep on d newly bought sultan matress in d hall cz bedroom ws definitely not gonna b ready dat night. it took us another month before d 'roof' is somewht ready. now aftr more than a month, whn soulmate said 'home sweet home', refering to our 'roof' while we drove past it ystrday, i cldnt agree more. it may not be perfect, its far from it. thr's always somethg dat we need 2buy. but wht's important, its home 2us. dats whn i realize d phrase; home is whr d heart is. so true..

2 comments: